Thursday 18 November 2004

end of strike action

End of protest. It's amazing how little inclined I was to engage in more than abstention from activities, in the end. That might explain why strike action, abstention, resistance is the first step toward activism. Or not.

I then wrote an email letter to editors of Education magazines and newpapers denouncing the situation - the TES, Guardian Education, BBC education - in Britain, more in Italy. Nothing had and has appeared in the UK press, as far as I'm aware.

Anecdotally, I have received one polite response from the TES, no response from others, and my letter was deleted without having been read by Italian public service broadcaster, the RAI.

Which has not covered the issue, anyway, whatdyouthink? Is it not politically controlled? Hasn't a ton of research evidence demonstrated that PBS in Italy is under close political guidance? Isn't Italy the most heavily controlled society in Europe?

Back to the reslog primary concern, what was the import of the Internet in my decision to write? What the dynamics of the electronic exchange, once it reaches the magazines? What its effects? Open questions, still. But I'll post back any exciting, well, uhm, developments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home