Tuesday 3 May 2005

britain's digital news edge

When the Guardian online wins the Best newspaper award, and BBC wins the Best news award, what's left for the competition? This is, I would argue, prime material for IPPR 'Manifesto for digital Britain'.

As concerns the BBC, ahhh, booring [they won four awards...]. It is by far the best news service online, and has been so for the last, how many, five years? The online coverage of the election is just great, and I've lost sight of iCan, but am sure it's doing well.

As concerns the Guardian, then. Now, I hate to do this, I really do, twice a month is a chore. But someone has to: I told you so! When a newspaper has twice as many unique visitors per day as printed circulation (ABC figures), what do you expect? They must be busy celebrating...

[ and I also note that Al Gore won The Webby Lifetime Achievement Award; payback of sorts for being taunted in 2000 as the 'inventor of the Internet'; he wasn't, but he certainly took the initiative; and yes, I have a transcript of the original TV interview, so don't mess with me ]

[ useful links ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home